Puppy Basics is perfect for:
- Puppies up to 16 weeks old (4 months)
- Help facilitating the very important socialization window your puppy has, which closes at about 16 weeks
- Socializing your puppy to various people, places, objects, and experiences properly; it can make the difference between a confident adult dog and a fearful one
- Preparing your puppy to not only tolerate, but love all the various things she will encounter later in life, including grooming and vet visits, being handled in all sorts of ways, wearing gear like harnesses and coats, riding in the car, and walking in loud/scary places
If your puppy is already showing signs of shyness and/or fearfulness, get her to a certified, experienced trainer right away!
Pricing (after an initial assessment*):
For puppies 12-16 weeks old, with no current behavior concerns:
one package of four 60 minute sessions - $440/$110 each
For puppies under 12 weeks old, or for those already showing shyness, fearfulness, or aggression:
one package of six 60 minute sessions - $630/$105 each
*For Puppy Basics packages, during the second hour of the assessment we will get right to hands on training!
Note: Puppy Basics sessions are 60 minutes long instead of the usual 90 minutes because little puppies don't have as much stamina for prolonged training!
How it works:
- all training is done in your home and surrounding neighborhood/vet's office/groomer's (if safe)
- training sessions will be scheduled once a week for the duration of the package, for maximum consistency
- each session will have a dedicated program, like potty training, nipping and biting, inappropriate chewing, crate training, socialization, handling, and other preemptive exercises, including exercises designed to mitigate any potential food guarding and separation anxiety
- you will learn how to read your puppy's body language and behavior
- you will get homework and checklists to help you meet your puppy's socialization needs
Once your puppy has gone through the Puppy Basics, you are encouraged to enroll in a regular Private Dog Training package to continue you and your dog's education to include basic obedience and anything else you would like to work on, especially through those tough adolescent years!