Anxiety and Medication
The Relaxation Protocol is sometimes used in conjunction with other training approaches to help address anxious and impulse control behavior. You can download and print the file below, and there are mp3 files at this website if you prefer to listen.
- Myth: medication should be used as a last resort
- Medication: first line therapy or last resort?
- 3 things to look for to help you decide if your dog needs medication
- Does my dog really need anti-anxiety medication?
- Should you use medication if your dog has separation anxiety?
- Impact of fear and anxiety on learning
- In depth information regarding medication types and uses I
- In depth information regarding medication types and uses II
- Prescription medication vs OTC "natural" remedies
- Why anxious and fearful dogs should NOT be prescribed Acepromazine (ace)
- How stress changes the brain. Article on humans, but apply the same concepts to your dog!
- Should you get a second dog?
- Storm phobia