General Behavior and Management
- One of my favorite online stores for interactive toys, run by a colleague, is Yourmannerlymutt.com. She is the only one in the US to stock some of these toys, and she has the most amazing variety of options!
- Cleanrun.com has THE BEST tug toys ever. Most of these are not to be left with your dog as they will be easily destroyed, but they will help you keep a good grip on your toy, and help keep your dog's mouth away from your hands.
- Have you ever wondered what kinds of treats I use and recommend? I primarily use Stella and Chewy's Lamb Meal Mixers (I use the lamb specifically because it doesn't crumble as much as the other proteins). I also have used and really like Ziwipeak Dog Cuisine. They have a few different protein options that all work well.
- In depth blog on stuffable toys
Important information on how to read dog body language:
- Blog on body language I
- Blog on body language II
- Facial expressions
- Dog smile (yes, some dogs really do smile!)
- How dogs say no
- Body language video I
- Body language video II
- Body language video III
Does your dog really want a belly rub?
- How to tell if your dog wants a belly rub
- A dog who DOES NOT want a belly rub (disregard video title - well meaning owners can get it wrong!)
- A dog who DOES want a belly rub
Does your dog want to be pet, and should you?
Dog - dog interactions and dog park behavior:
Dog park info
Muzzles (all dogs should be comfortable wearing a muzzle as a life skill, regardless of behavior):